Designsensory is a leading branding, advertising and digital agency. We combine strategy, content, design and technology to help organizations create memorable brand moments. Our original and award-winning work has helped build and grow brands since 2001. Designsensory is hiring immediately for a Public Relations Manager to join our staff of 35 designers, developers and marketers.
The ideal applicant must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be dependable, responsible and professional in manner and appearance. The ideal applicant is organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated.
As the Public Relations Manager, you will:
Lead the Public Relations Team
- Ensure the public relations team is using the most up to date public relations best practices.
- Mentor public relations specialists within the department to ensure professional development.
- Edit and revise content as necessary. Assist public relations specialists with day-to-day activities as needed.
Lead Public Relations Efforts for Designsensory and Clients
- Work with media outlets to publish timely client and agency information. Manage relationships with media outlets and influencers.
- Work with other departments to ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels.
- Produce and publish mass communications such as email blasts and marketing campaigns. Plan and implement social media strategies and foster online communities.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of client communication including development, organizing and education.
- Plan, facilitate and manage client and agency community events including product and service launches, openings and promotional engagements.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
- Measure and report on project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
New Business and Project Management Duties as Needed
- Serve as main client contact for public relations clients, handle day-to-day activities and strengthen rapport between the company and the client. Provide strategic public relations counsel to clients.
- Manage internal team on public relations clients by developing a project plan to monitor and track progress, maintaining feasible project milestones and deadlines, managing project scope, schedule and costs.
- Create and implement sales strategies. Work with current clients to identify new business opportunities and prospect new client leads.
- Create proposals, RFP responses and other materials to support business development.
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the agency principals. Telecommuter and part-time applications will not be accepted.
The ideal candidate would:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication or other related field.
- Have at least five years of public relations experience.
- Have previous management and mentoring experience.
- Demonstrate experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Candidates with direct experience in advertising, media, graphic design and web development will be given preference, but this is not required.
Designsensory offers benefits including health care, vision plan, retirement plan, paid vacations, holidays and competitive wages.
To apply by email, send your resume, salary requirements, writing samples and cover letter to Joseph Nother at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the following in the subject line: Public Relations Manager